Everyone wants to have that gorgeous body and flat tummy. Whether it is summer where you want to flaunt that body or any other season, you need to have a healthy lifestyle and to have regular physical workout. Models that grace the cover of magazines, billboards and materials are always working out to achieve that flat tummy.
Dreaming of that sexy abs and flat stomach? Here are the best 5 workouts that you can try even at home:
The plank is an effective exercise for you core as it can improve and build your isometric strength which can further improve your posture and waistline.
How to do a plank?
- Position yourself in a press up position.
- Slowly bend your elbows while your weight is on your forearms.
- Your whole body should be straight.
- Allow your core by sucking your stomach into the spine.
- Hold the said position for 20 seconds or more.
Sitting Spinal Twist
The sitting spinal twist is proven to be effective in making the spine supple as it increases the elasticity of your spine. When doing the sitting spinal twist, it can open the chest and increase the oxygen supply in your lungs.
How to do a sitting spinal twist?
- Position yourself in a flat surface. Sit with your legs straight out.
- Put your right foot outside of your left knee while the right one is pointed straight up.
- Place your left elbow against the right knee on the outside.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds to 1 min. Have proper breathing.
Swimmers are known to have physically fit body and even if you are not in the pool, you can still have swimmer workout. This exercise routine is good for your tummy and can strengthen your core as well as your arms and feet.
How to do swimmer?
- Place yourself flat on the ground with both of your legs and arms straight out.
- Lift one arm and your leg (opposite side: right leg, left arm).
- Hold and drop them while lifting the other.
- Do this move for about 5 times with 12 repetitions.
Roll up and Fit
The roll up and fit is a classic Pilates moves and it can effectively strengthen your abdominal muscles. If you are looking for a classic flat ab exercise, this is the one for you. It can tone your hips, lower back and buttocks.
How to do it?
- You can being with wall roll down which makes it an easy way for you to work on articulation of your spine.
- Do the chest lift to curl up the body (upper body).
- Do the supported roll back.
Floating Knee Tuck
The floating knee tuck is the perfect flat stomach exercise for beginners. Even at home or in the office, you can do this exercise. This is good to improve your endurance and strength.
How to do a knee tuck?
- Look for a flat surface that has an edge like stairs, bed or chair.
- Hands on your sides. Sit down, lean back with your legs straight out.
- Put your feet together and move your feet a few inches higher.
- Slowly move the knees up.
Exhale and release. Hold this position for one second.